Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Engrish

Overheard today on the playground...

In the rabbits cage as one begins to hump the second:

See? His leg is hurt so he is jumping on the other rabbit for exercise!



As I am preparing lessons in the teachers room:


kids: Janine Sensei, we made you a present. *hands me a bunch of clovers*
me: meep!

As I am leaving school:

kids: JANINE SENSEI!!!!! Are you going home?
me: Yes, I'll see you next week
kids: JANINE SENSEI!!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE??!
me: over by [insert bldg name]
kids: *turn to teacher* Isn't she from America?
me: Yes, but I live in Kitakata now.
kids: WHAT?! I THOUGH YOU LIVED IN AMERICA!
teacher: come back inside, let's have a look at the world map again.


Also, They are doing the annual teacher introductions for the parents packet.



My motto is evidently "Don't wary". Written BY the Japanese Teachers of English! Gaaaah.

and now I'm going to put my bunches of weed flowers in a vase...

No comments: